Tel: 01274 381900 or 01943 883960

Court of Protection

For many reasons a person can become incapable of managing their own property and financial affairs. Sometimes a person cannot manage his or her own property and financial affairs from birth; sometimes injury or illness causes mental disability. If this happens, and there is no Lasting Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney in place then an application to the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy to act on behalf of the mentally disabled person (called the patient or “P”) may need to be made.

The process of making an application to appoint a Deputy can be time consuming and may involve dealing with other organisations. Our specialist solicitors can assist with the preparation of all the forms, documents and other papers that may be needed to make an application to the Court of Protection for a Deputy to be appointed. We can also deal with any other organisations as well.

For more information regarding Court of Protection please contact: Alexandra Wright

Select a category...